Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Where did May go?

Can't believe I did not make a blog post all of May. WOW!

Well, I am not doing too great in Ironman retirement. I have been riding but not running too much. I am in my 5th week of P90x and hope it works. Somehow, I let my friend, Susan, talk me into doing the 10 miler on Thursday. We will see how that works out.

Every day I say tomorrow is a new day. It is but I must make the changes I want to see. It is very hard. It seemed easier before but not now. You know that saying something about turning over a new leaf, I feel like I have turned over an entire forest. So, I have decided to just have one main goal a day and see how that works out. Yesterday, it was not to eat after 8 pm and I did it. Today, I did not really make one but I will tomorrow. I want to lose weight and feel desperate to do so but my actions do not mirror that. So, I will try to take one step at a time and do the best I can. That is all I can do.

The rest of this week should be interesting...here is the workout plan:
Wednesday-run, P90X, maybe ride to work
Thursday-10 miler, ride, P90X
Friday-run, P90X, hopefully ride before work
Saturday-ride
Sunday-ride

Some great news though...
1) I have been accepted into the Ed.D program in Exercise and Sport Science at UNC Greensboro and will start in the Fall.
2) I signed up for Goofy's Challenge in January.
3) I installed a battery in my old Dodge and it works!!!
4) At work, I will be able to get my hands dirty and work on bikes!
Things are looking up!!!

No comments: