Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Tuesday and feeling fine!

So, this morning, I rode with one of my very favorite riding pals, Pat. He is just the best. He listens to me babble endlessly about mindless stuff while he actually has real stuff to worry about...he is an assistant fire chief and saves lives and stuff. Anyway, we had a delightful ride through the hills and we didn't do too bad at all. I got in 45 miles and then actually ran 3 miles. Usually, I don't like to run in mid day but lately I have been getting pretty good at it. The breeze was nice. The pace was not blazing fast but I did it. I have White Lake Half on Saturday and I think I can muddle through it. Oh...and White Lake Sprint on Sunday. After that, I might be retiring from triathlon but we will wait and see.



So, I am very excited that I actually will have nothing long to train for after this week. I am looking forward to trying a few new things and more riding and running. I actually do feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders and even though I lost money, I think I gained time. I really want to be able to do other stuff without worrying about missing training and stuff. I actually agreed to go with Pat next week to try a time trial. Let's see how that goes. Who knows! I feel great today and hope I do next week.



Now, I have time to focus on other things like losing 13 pounds and some fat, my house and my yard. Maybe Doodle will actually be able to take me to the beach for a weekend! Leo and I are planning a trip to DC to do a Rails to Trails ride.

So, I have new goals without so many restrictions...
1) I will ride more.
2) I will lift more.
3) I will run more.
4) I will have the nicest house on the block.
5) I will clean more.
6) I will keep my weight down or lose weight. I will weigh 135 and wear a size 6 by the end of summer!
7) I will be a better climber.
8) I will be a better friend.
9) I will not waste my days off.
10) I will save money by riding and buying only things that are needed.

No comments: