Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Monday, December 14, 2009

Fat again

So, I deleted my blog because I didn't feel I deserve to blog under Iron Tri Chick because I am fat and lazy again...

The past few months I have really been on a downward slide and depression set in. My life is a mess. I can barely get out of bed because I don't feel I have anything to look forward to. My house is a mess because I don't feel like I want to clean up. This all came to a head last night... My husband was gone, no phone calls, no real emails, the only way I find out what everyone is doing is on facebook. Everyone is out and about having fun and I was at home alone. I was so sad. Finally as I got into bed, I realized that I cannot base my happiness on other people. I have to make myself happy.

Now, I have struggled with my weight my entire life. At my highest, I was 180 pounds and 28% body fat. I am now 152 and 25% body fat. This depressed me too. I wasn't willing to make the changes to change it though. However, that changes today. I got up and went for a run. Yes, I can hear the fabric of my capris rubbing together but at least I was out there. I came home and ate a good breakfast and stopped when I was full. I undeleted this blog because I know there are others out there struggling too. So, starting today...I make me happy. I clean up and start looking for things to look forward to. I clean up my diet and feel better about me. Today is truly the first day of the rest of my life...what can I do with it? The possibilities are endless.

No comments: