Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Sundays are my favorite day and not my favorite day...

Sundays are the day of my favorite ride. It always has been favorite day because it is more laid back...until about 8 pm or so then it becomes my least favorite day because I have to go to work and go back to normal life.

Today, I rode from home to our Sunday ride. It was a little windy. Our first 10 or so miles was slow as we had new riders with us. It is fun to have new riders because it reminds us of where we came from. We were all there once and it is nice to be able to pay it forward. After the new riders split from the group, we had the wind at our backs...of course, then the speed flew up...I fell off the back at 27 mph. Then we turned back into the wind. It was a beautiful day with great folks including my great friends, Ginger and Leo! After a few more miles, I decided to take a shorter way as I still had to ride home. My friend, Quincy, rode back with me and we had a pleasant ride back and I got home just in time for cleaning and resting and lunch. It was so nice...until I read my bank statement online...there was a strange charge for an bowling alley in Mississippi. Luckily, after calling the bowling alley and the bank, they cancelled my credit card. It really bummed me out! People who can figure out how to get credit cards and do online fraud are actually smart and it is a shame that is how they choose to live their lives...ripping other people off.

Tuesday, we are headed to Connecticut to spend New Year's Eve in NYC. So exciting! Can't wait to ring in the New Year and lots of new goals and dreams!!!

Hope everyone had a great Christmas and will have an even better New Year! 2009 is going to be mighty fine!!!!

1 comment:

Furman said...

Hey Jen,

I finally got to check out your blog, it's very personable! You've inspired me to maybe get a spin blog going, whaddya think?

I wanted to tell you that you were very strong on this ride, is that any indication of what's ahead this year? If so I think the other gals should be skeeered 'cuz I think you got it going on.

Keep focused, train smart, success to you.

Furman the Spin Freak