Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy New Year's and Happy Birthday!

Happy New Year's!!!!! Hope your 2009 is mighty fine!!!!

Today was my 35th birthday...every day is a day closer to 40. I feel great though. Today was fabulous. Work is closing on Monday until March so I was off. After a short massage and chiropractic appointment, I had a short run. This afternoon, I had a great ride with my friend, Ginger. It was great to be outside even though it was only 32 miles. It was nice to chat and be outside.

This weekend is Goofy's Challenge...so not ready...my ITB hurts but I know I can get through it. We are also walking the 5K with my Doodle's in-laws on Friday. We will see how it all goes...Then a few days off and then back in the saddle. I just signed up for a Half Ironman and Sprint in one weekend in May so I guess that means I need to start swimming. On January 19, I will be back in the pool. I also need to get back in the weight room. I do not want to commit to that until I get back from Disney.

Okay, here are my 2009 Resolutions and Goals:
2009 Goals
PR at Ironman and marathon distance (separately).
Ride 10,000 miles (193/week) and run 1,000 miles (20/week)
Get and keep weight between 130-135.
Keep $**** in bank.
Give up sweet tea and all pop except for Ginger Ale, 7-Up, and Sprite.
Get new certification.
Be able to put hands flat on floor with legs straight.
Give $520 to charity.
Read 12 books.
Get 38,000 Spark America Points and 25,000 Spark Points.

2009 Resolutions
Spend time with Matt.
Eat healthier and eat more whole or organic foods.
Just be nice, be a better friend, and keep my mouth shut.
Try not to be envious and get past the small stuff.
Be neater and more organized.
Be thankful for what you have.
Do what you like, like what you do and believe in myself.
Throw out what I do not need and do not spend money if you do not need to.
Try to do your part to save the environment.
If you want to do something, do it and do not just talk about it! Only you can make the changes that you want to see in yourself.

Resolutions are great! Do your best to keep them but if the situation changes, it is okay to change the goals or resolutions!

Back to teaching tomorrow, four spin classes in one day...it will be interesting. I am glad to get back to school! Hope my students are great! They are usually very varied in background and are pretty fun!

No comments: