Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Back to the grind

Just got home today from Florida...where it was sunny and warm...back home where it was in the 40s...YUCK!

The marathon was okay. The first 10 miles was okay and I was headed for a 4:45! At mile 12, I saw my family and that was fabulous! At mile 13, I could feel blisters coming up on my feet so I stopped a lubed them up with lots of vaseline. From mile 16 to 17, it was not in the parks so it was sort of boring and I was running out of energy. Miles 19 to 21 were okay but my mp3 player died at mile 21 and it was not good from there. Stuff hurt and I was completely out of energy...I made it though over 40 minutes faster than last year and right under 5 hours! WOW!

Talk about blisters, they were gnarly!! I could barely walk. I had to finally pop them to relieve the pain.

After the marathon, I kept walking for the next few days and I feel okay now. My legs actually feel okay. Taught spinning this evening and felt fine. I will not run for the rest of the month and start training for IM Canada. I hope to ride like crazy though. I will start swimming slowly next week and back to the weights. I hope it will help me lose some fat...I saw my pictures and wanted to puke!

Tomorrow, if and only if it is above 35, I am headed for a ride with Pat. I have missed our Thursday rides so I hope we can go. Next Thursday is my GRE test so only a late ride.

Speaking of GRE, I have to study like crazy for a week. I can't even remember covering this stuff in College Algebra. AAAAHHHHH!

No comments: