Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Because S*** Happens

My sister, Jeanette, just sent me this in a chat about a family members' illness. People may think it sounds mean, I think it is perfectly rational.  When I looked up the cause of our family members' illness, it said the cause was unknown...I think I like my sister's rational better.  More poetic is what I told her.  

Here is the thing...I am one of those people who always want to know why things happen...sometimes this is great because then you can understand and rationalize it. But sometimes there is no reason...which can be torture for people like me.  But I think my sister has it...because s*** happens.  No reason, no sense to it and you won't ever make sense of it. 

In light of that, thought my positive quote of the day was actually pretty appropriate...POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY-The abundant life does not come to those who have had a lot of obstacles removed from their path by others. It develops from within and is rooted in strong mental and moral fiber. - William Mather Lewis

Pondering that quote in addition to this idea, I think that s***happens but without that stuff (i.e. obstacles) there is no way you can have a true appreciation of an abundant life.   Without those obstacles (s***), you cannot develop the mental and moral strength to get through life.  So, my sister is indeed right, s*** happens but somehow it makes you stronger morally and mentally.  Thanks Nette, I am gonna keep you and your degree from the school of life!

No comments: