Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.

POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY...Do not be too timid and squeamish about your actions. All life is an experiment.-- Ralph Waldo Emerson

This was in my email inbox.  I sure hope this is true...my life lately has been an experiment in patience and sanity.  Not sure how it is going but all I can say is I still have a sense of humor.  Life...is...interesting. Just when you think things are going the way it should...BAM!!!!!  Detour!  It's a good thing God allows detours because my life has taken so many twists and turns that it could be a really bad roller coaster.  But...I do firmly believe Mother Theresa when she said, "God never give you more than you can handle, I just wish he didn't trust me so much."  So, the past year hasn't been the best, I lost the job I loved due to budget cuts, I got attacked by a dog, I am overqualified for jobs I apply for and I live the majority of my life alone even though I am married.  Well, we get through it just like everything else. 

It's kind of like this bike ride I went on on Sunday.  My friend, Lou, organizes a century every month.  So, Sunday about 11 of us start the ride and 3 go shorter, so we have 8 for the century.  Now, on the way out we were into a headwind...now according to Mike R. it wasn't that bad but I don't care, it was a headwind.  However, on the way home we flew...we get to the last stop and everyone seemed like they could have been happy with 80 miles. But at mile 90, the pace went up like crazy.  I was pooped and I wasn't sure I could get in.  Somehow working with Lou, we caught up to the last group and came in at a pretty quick pace.  Now, I have no idea how we managed that but we did.  We got it done!  It was hard but I think we all went home a little more confident and feeling good.  Sort of like life...we are not sure we can get through whatever is hard but we do and we are a little more confident the next time. Some times you just need a little help from your friends.

No comments: