Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Thursday, February 17, 2011

You're perfect to me

Today, I used Pink's ****in' Perfect as a cool down in my Spin class.   What I wanted to say to my class (but I am not close enough to most of them) is that they were all perfect in their own way.  We all think we have so many flaws and beat the crap out of ourselves about them...yes, I am the poster child for this action.  But as I grow wiser (notice I didn't say older), I realize there is more to like than to dislike.  However, there are many, many days when I beat myself up.  So, Pink's lyrics rang true to me today and many other days.   Think about this lyric ...Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead...gosh, I sure we could all realize how to do this and realize that we are perfect in our own way. 

Here are a few lyrics from the song...
"Made a wrong turn, once or twice, Dug my way out, blood and fire, Bad decisions, that's alright, welcome to my silly life, Mistreated, misplaced, misunderstood, Miss 'No way, it's all good', it didn't slow me down, Mistaken, always second guessing, underestimated, Look, I'm still around"

 You're so mean, when you talk about yourself, you were wrong.  Change the voices in your head, make them like you instead.  So complicated, look happy, you'll make it!   Filled with so much hatred...such a tired game.  It's enough! I've done all I can think of.  Chased down all my demons, I've seen you do the same.  Oh, pretty pretty please, don't you ever ever feel Like you're less than perfect.  Pretty pretty please, if you ever ever feel like you're nothing You're perfect to me"

Thank goodness for most of us is that if we feel less than perfect...call your Mom!!!  Trust me from experience, if you ask your Mom if she thinks you are perfect to her, she will say absolutely!!!  In fact, last night I had to take some pictures of scars from a dog bite on my neck and ear.  Having a nice camera is NOT always a benefit...the scars and marks left on my ear and neck about sent me into meltdown.  My ear is deformed and I have a 2-3 inch scar across my neck.  Now, do you see it?  Probably not.  I am thankful for fantastic surgeons and all the Womack staff that helped me. I am thankful for the friends who got me to the hospital when they thought I was going to die and never let on how bad it was.  However, with a good camera, the flaws are undeniable.  So, after I looked at the photos and felt nothing near perfect, I called my Mom.  After about 10-15 minutes, my Mom made me feel perfect to her.  Try it, I bet it works.  Hey, I bet you could call my Mom and she would have you feeling perfect about yourself. 

If your Mom doesn't do it then call your best friend...or if in doubt, call/email/FB me.  We are all indeed perfect in our own way and we need to remember that.  (Ummmm, yes, I realize how corny this is but sometimes we all need a little corniness in our lives.)  Or watch this...and feel perfect...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4Rax2PXiWA&feature=fvst

1 comment:

Living The Tri Life said...

I think scars are kinda cool, means you haven't led a safe and boring life. Shows that you've taken chances and have true life experiences. Have you ever seen my pointer finger that I chopped off in a door when I was little?