Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Thursday, October 23, 2008

Delightful Thursday

Today started off a little off. I had planned to get up at 6 am and run but I overslept and went on to school and ran at the track. I did Tuesday's workout today, which was 5x1 mile repeats...it went well. Here are the splits...
WU 1 mile 9:52-1.01 mile
#1-mile repeat-8:39-1.05 mile
1 lap recovery-3:07-.26 mile
#2-mile repeat-9:41-1.02 mile
1 lap recovery-2:56-.26 mile
#3-mile repeat-9:23-1.02 mile
1 lap recovery-2:42-.25 mile
#4-mile repeat-8:59-1.03 mile
1 lap recovery-3:11-.27 mile
#5-mile repeat-9:05-1.02 mile
3 laps cooldown-9:21-.83 mile
Total 8.02 in 1:17:02 Maybe that is slow for some of y'all but it is great for me!!!!

Then after teaching 2 great spin classes, I headed home and rode my mountain bike in the woods! It was great fun. Now, mountain biking for me is on some wide and single track trails which is not very technical. It was so fun. I have decided to try to ride the mountain bike at least 4 times a month. The past two years, I have ridden with my friend, Jimmy, at CNC and he flies uphill! You know how...he is a great mountain biker. Finally, I have decided to follow his lead and hope that mountain biking will help with bike handling and climbing in the future. Plus it is very fun to me. Since I was alone, I got to go at my pace with no pressure of going faster. Now, I am a novice mountain biker...I do not clip in, I have no computer on my bike, and I just ride because I love being in the woods and doing something a little different.

After dinner, I did an hour and a half of P90X yoga. It was tough but it felt pretty good after a busy day. How one person can sweat so much doing yoga is beyond me!!! I can feel that I am getting a little better at yoga!!!

Tomorrow-teach spinning, P90X, run, and yoga with Ginger...another yoga class where I sweat but I have a great new red yoga mat to keep my feet from sliding all over the place!

Update on my big fat cat...Atticus needs an echocardiogram for further testing. He will have that done next Thursday. He is acting just fine! He still takes up half my pillow!

No comments: