Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

First Day of P90X

Today was my first workout with P90X. I think I did it out of order but I did arms and shoulders and it was no joke! It went quickly though and was actually fun. I will have before pics and measurements soon. Hope this works cause I want to be in so cute shape for IM Canada and bathing suit season next year. I know it is a long time away but I need to start now.

Today, I missed my run but taught 2 spin classes and had a great 19 mile ride. It was so great. I rode alone as our regular group is not riding because it is getting dark too early. Luckily, I get off early on Tuesdays and Thursdays so I can get a ride in before dark. I am so excited I felt good on the hills. I am hoping to really work hard to get better on the hills over the winter...I see some single speed in the future.

So, adding to my regular Irish luck (okay, Doodle is Irish so that makes me Irish by marriage), my fence was falling down and my ceiling fan was snap, crackling, and popping last week so I asked my friend, Handsome Hal, to come help me. Sunday, Hal pops over and helps me fix these two things. As we are just finishing putting up the post by pouring 80 pounds of concrete in the hole, my neighbor comes out and asks if I realize it is their fence. No, I did not because the ugly part was facing us, which is indicative of it being our fence. Hal says to the man that the pole is not moving! Of course, he says they were thinking of putting up a new fence...wouldn't ya know it? That pole is not moving!!!! Oh well...also when pulling up a rock there are some pesky little termites in my vegetable garden. Always something...

Tomorrow, I have a run, will ride with some wounded soldiers (if I get done with my eye appointment on time), teach spinning, and do another P90X workout. I feel buffer already...

No comments: