Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Long Brick Already...

Last week did not work out the way I planned (as usual)...
Thursday-swim 2250, run 6.62, bike 33.31 with my bud, Hal!
Friday-weights and swim 2800
Saturday-the double century that wasn't...63.98 miles...called because of weather...bummer!
Monday-3 mile run and drill swims
Tuesday-Brick: 81 mile ride and run 3.11 miles, weights
Today I rode with one of my favorite ride pals, Pat, and young Justin. We might have taken Justin on his longest ride yet. It was a good ride and while I wasn't the fastest, I rode well and got a long ride in. My chain dropped off 4 times and that distressed me quite a bit but I will take it to my favorite mechanic, Hal, and get it figured out. It was warm and the run was not the greatest but I know it will be HOT in Louisville so I best get used to it!

Not crazy about my weight but I am working on it! My thighs are huge and look terrible because I have the typical cyclists' tan (tan to where the cycling shorts and tops hit and then WHITE)...but I plan to work on that this weekend at the beach with my Doodlebug! Of course, I will look crazy but I hope to even it out. I think my fat looks better tan. ;)

Plan for rest of week:
Wednesday-teach 3 spin classes, swim and possibly run
Thursday-run, bike, weights (swim maybe)
Friday-swim and run and then spinning for dollars downtown after work
Saturday -bike and then head to the BEACH for the weekend...
Sunday-long run if I do not get it in any other time

Trying to get in 250 miles on the bike this week and the rest of the summer. I hope to get 7500 miles this year and I am FAR behind but I have the whole summer left! Luckily we have good weather until late in the year so I can ride like crazy. Don't think I will make my running goal unless I run like a crazy person the rest of the year but I do think I can make the cycling goal...

No comments: