Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Tuesdays do not seem to start well for me...again

Tuesday, I was supposed to get up at 4:30 am and run for 40 minutes...as I turned off the alarm clock, I realized that this was not going to happen. I did wake up at 6:17 am and flew out of bed to meet my young friend, Justin, for an easy one hour ride. Explaining why you need to go easy on a rest week is difficult when talking to a 16 year old. However, we did ride easy and I went at my own pace and Justin was a delight to have on the ride. Justin works with us at the bike shop and he is a young racer. He is also a very nice young man, although I try to never tell him that for fear his head will expand :0), and quite a fine bike rider.

So, that being done by 8 am I still have the whole day to run, lift weights, clean the house, and quite possibly another bike ride - if it is not too hot or storming. WOW! Maybe I could go to the outside pool and work on evening out these awful tan lines...so many possibilities. Nice to have a day off in the middle of the week although I do miss teaching and can't wait to go back in the Fall. I wish I could have a lecture class again but I am thrilled to be teaching four spinning classes.

Still hoping for a PR at Ironman Louisville. I need to get out ride harder and longer on hills. My Thursday ride companion, Pat, has been busy lately but we need to get back on track and get to working long and hard on the hills. I had an update from another IM Louisville participant that we have a little over 80 days to go. My runs are not the best but they are shaping up. My swimming is a little slower than I would like but it is coming along. I really need to get my bricks in but with the heat it has been hard. I might start adding the brick after a shorter ride during the week so it is not quite so hot. However, I need to rest this week so I can be FASTER, STRONGER, LEANER and go HARDER! Rest is the only time we get bigger, better, stronger (stolen from Dr. Thompson) so as hard as it is sometimes (and other times not) rest is good!

No comments: