Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Saturday, February 21, 2009

Hibernation

Just figured this out the other day...I am not motivated because I should still be hibernating! IM Canada training starts next month so I think I should be hibernating! Slowly, I am feeling more motivated - not all the way back to normal but getting there.

Today it was 22 degrees when I got up to ride...too cold! So, after a nap, I rode a hilly 55 miles. I felt slow at first but got better as I went. My legs are still sore from hill repeats and weights on Thursday. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain but I may ride in the afternoon. Next week, I am not going to schedule any workouts except my spin classes since it will be the last week without a training plan. Hope to get in some miles on the bike though.

My new training plan will be a little different than usual. It is not complete yet but I have an idea...4-5 bikes and a brick, 3 runs, 2 swims and 2 weight days a week. I am going to try and take a full day off every week so something had to go and it was my 3rd swim. I am also considering resting every 3rd week instead of every 4th week. Haven't worked it all out yet but I am getting there. I am getting a little more motivated after looking at flights to Canada.

Leaving you with a positive quote that makes me want to reach further than ever before...
POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY
Ah, but a man's reach should exceed his grasp, Or what's a heavenfor?-- Robert Browning

1 comment:

Jimmy Dodson said...

I know the lack of motivation... that warm spell a few weeks ago had me all pumped up and now this mid-30's to low 40's with 15-20mph winds are sucking the life out of my desire to go ride... and I like the cold! So I've been running outside and on the trainer inside a lot more lately. Also funny that I'm laying out my workout schedule at present too.

I'll shoot you an email later... --J