Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Thursday, February 26, 2009

Tired Legs

This morning, Pat and I went for a 55 mile ride. It was great to have my favorite Thursday friend back! I had missed him so much! However, after 7 spin classes, one bike ride and weights in 2 days...guess what? My legs are TIRED! It was a good ride but I was ready to be done when we got done. We went places we hadn't gone before and it was fun. Tuesday, I felt so strong on my ride and wanted to be stronger today but it didn't happen. After a nap, I feel better but still on tired legs.

Still working on my IM Training plan and new weight plan. I am hoping for something new and different for this training plan and have awesome results! No running or swimming this week and a little rest before I begin. Tomorrow, I will only teach one spin class, work and go to the ball with my Doodle. I hope to ride on Saturday and Sunday but rain is projected. Some people will ride in the rain but I just cannot stand water in my bike shoes. Something about it pooling in my shoes makes me crazy!!!! :) Maybe that is God's way of making me have a little rest.

Got this quote in my inbox today, "It's time to start living the life you've imagined.-- Henry James." That brings me to thinking what is the life I have imagined? Being a great cyclist, runner, being thin and beautiful, being married to a handsome fellow and having plenty of money...Hey, while I am not a great cyclist/runner, I am able to do those things when some people cannot. I am also married to one of the best people I know (he is pretty cute himself!). We have never gone hungry and get almost everything we want so we do have plenty of money. Thin and beautiful...well, I am working on those. I feel very blessed to have this life. It is not the life I imagined as a child but it is better than that life. What is the life you have imagined and when you think about it, are you already living the life you imagined? You might be surprised at your answer.

No comments: