Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lent

Today is Fat Tuesday. Tomorrow starts Lent. The idea is that you give up something that is a sacrifice in the way Jesus sacrificed His life for us. It would be easy to give up brussel sprouts or something like that. But I hope to give up something that is actually a sacrifice...From tomorrow to Easter, I plan to give up all candy (except gum), fast food restaurants (like McDonald's, Wendy's, etc but not sit down restaurants such as Olive Garden, etc.) and sweet tea. Maybe it will help in other areas too!

Last week of rest period...next week back in the saddle and get back to training again. Today, I rode to Doodle's work and my legs were screaming. I still had a good average but it was not pleasant. Tomorrow, I plan to teach 2 spin classes and something else (run or swim).

Thought for day...If you have made mistakes...there is always another chance foryou...you may have a fresh start any moment you choose, for thisthing we call "failure" is not the falling down, but the stayingdown.-- Mary Pickford (1893-1979) Canadian Actress

No comments: