Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Wind is my frienemie!

Okay, I know it will be windy from March to May here.  It happens every year but I think I forget how much the wind can kick my booty.  Today, I rode with my cycling bud, Andrew, on his easy ride (notice I said his easy ride) and of course, I felt like we had a head wind on the way out.  The wind sometimes breaks your spirit and it did mine today.  But wind, like hills, are supposed to be our friends.  Sometimes they are and they make us stronger, etc, etc, etc. and they are your friend. But some days they just break you down and then they are your enemy.  So, that makes them our frienemies. 

The frienemie teaches us how to get through things we don't like and we are better on the other side of them.  But gosh, sometimes it hurts to go through them. So, I pushed through the wind and it wasn't easy but I know come summer time I will be thankful. 

No comments: