Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Sunday, July 27, 2008

Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about.

"Don't compare your life to others'. You have no idea what their journey is all about." This is from an email that my good friend, John K., sent me. Sometimes I spend so much time comparing myself to others' that I forget their lives are a journey too. Perhaps they are good at one thing but may have other struggles in their lives. Triathlon sometimes is one of those things. I think I wish I was a better cyclist like __________ or a better swimmer like ________ or a faster runner like __________. This frustrates me a lot. This quote reminded me that other people might struggle with things that are easy for me. Luckily, my parents raised me to be an independent and pretty level-headed with money. I do okay by myself, which is good for my husband as he is gone ALOT and I keep our money straight and he never has to worry about that (except for I might buy another bicycle ;)) I take these things for granted while others may struggle with them. Thanks John for the reminder! So, today remind yourself of the things you do with ease that others may struggle with and be thankful for them.

Again, my weekend workouts did not quite go the way I planned. I rode 90 miles Saturday and ran .74 miles. I sort of felt crappy with a sore throat. I got home after a lovely dinner with one of my favorite friends and it only got worse. Finally, I figured out I have a little summer cold. Sunday, I rode 56 miles with a great small group of Hal, John, Quincy and me. The pace was good recovery pace but my saddle was killing me and I struggled especially on the last 15 miles.

Honestly, I am very worried about my run at Ironman. I haven't been running long. I have been running 3-4 days a week but not long. Luckily, my friend, Ginger, is coming to run with me on Tuesday. I am so excited! Hopefully, we can run more often together!

Workout Schedule for next week
Monday-swim, run and teach spin
Tuesday-run, ride, weights, yoga
Wednesday-swim and teach spin class
Thursday-long brick
Friday-Swim (hair appointment, too! SO EXCITING!)
Saturday-100K ride in Carthage
Sunday-Run (maybe easy ride)

No comments: