Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Rest Week

Changed my workout schedule around and made this my rest week since it will be a short and compact week because of the holiday and I am going to the beach for the weekend! Happy 4th!

This week will be a different rest week for me. I am trying to get my workouts in but I think I am not going to lift weights this week and start again next week with a new plan. I have 9 weeks to IM Louisville. Starting Monday, I must refocus as this week I feel a little overtrained because I really do not want to do anything. I rode today and my HR was extremely high and I had a hard time with my regular Tuesday ride. I did not even want to ride my bike. All signs of overtraining...the answer is a little more rest. Plan tomorrow is swim, teach 2 spin classes and try to squeeze in a run. Thursday is a long brick and headed to the beach. One day I am going to run and another a leisurely ride.

So disappointed with my weight and eating patterns. The scale is not moving and I know it is because of my eating habits. Trying to do some stuff to change these things. I would like to be down to 135 for IM Louisville. Can I do 9 pounds in 9 weeks? Yes, but I must change several things...first of all, emotional eating or eating when I am bored!

Yesterday, I read quote on a car that said "Do something every day that scares you." Another Eleanor Roosevelt quote that is great so I am determined to do that every day. Yesterday, it was getting back on terms with a co-worker after a fallout but to do this without saying sorry because I am not sorry for what I said. Today, it was going to UNCG to talk to 2 professors about getting my Ed.D. I am always so scared I am not smart enough or good enough so this was huge for me.

Next week, I will return to working out hard and trying to make the changes I need to be better, stronger, faster! I WILL PR at IM Louisville!

Some goals for July:
1) Lose 4 pounds.
2) Spend 20 hours in the yard.
3) Ride 1000 miles.
4) Do not miss more than two workouts a week.

No comments: