Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Thursday, July 31, 2008

My best laid plans...usually go kaput!

It is not always bad when things do not work out the way I plan...this is what I keep telling myself anyway.

Monday-swim and taught one spin class
Tuesday-run with Ginger (absolutely delightful and got some confidence back into my run), yoga, and ride with Hal (kept HR under 130 most of the time as I planned)
Wednesday-swim, run, weights, taught spin class, yoga
Thursday-I planned to do my long brick today. Have a summer cold and spent half the night up coughing and overslept....Hopefully, I can ride this afternoon for a few hours before the rain comes.

Rest of week plan
Friday-swim, weights and run
Saturday-ride in Carthage
Sunday-long brick

Usually people pick on me constantly for being slow and it does hurt my feelings, however, one of my good friends, Furman, told me yesterday someone I would have never expected actually commented me. Last Sunday, we left to do our regular Sunday ride but I forgot something in my Jeep and then my friend, Quincy, forgot his gloves...needless to say we got left so Hal, John, Quincy and I set out on a different but pleasant 56 mile ride. When the other group got to the parking lot, Furman was teasing about me not wanting to ride with him because I was afraid of his speed (this actually is not that far from the truth) and another rider who does not often hand out compliments said I had been to the top of Mount Mitchell and he had not! It made me feel really good...maybe I am better than I think I am.

No comments: