Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Long Brick Already...

Tuesday-rode 86 miles and ran 3.75 miles...ride got better as it went along but the run was not good as it was so hot and I did not have enough water. Note to self...do not freeze water, take it out immediately before the run and expect it to thaw on the run so you can have enough water! However, I did it. I miss my friends when riding but I had a good ride. I think it was the ride I needed to have because sometimes I get very frustrated at not being able to keep up with the pack. I went at my pace with no pressure on myself. I realize I put the pressure on myself because I feel like I am so slow and people always have to wait on me. I did the first 60 or so miles in the hills and ended up on the flats. I feel more confident about running off the bike with the bricks. Now, if I could just get my long run in and if the water in the pool did not feel like jello. Maybe I just need a change of scenery.

Wednesday plan-lift weights and swim
Thursday-travel
Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - run (maybe if I can go to the Y with my folks I will get a swim or weights in but if not - no worries).

No comments: