Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Will I ever get any faster?

Monday-teach spin class and swim
Today-run 30 minutes, lift weights, ride

Today was quite a frustrating day for me, as far as workouts go. I got up and went running and it was supposed to be a tempo run. It was hard and I wonder if I will ever get faster. My long runs have been hard to get in and that scares me at IM Louisville. Especially when a 30 minute run seems so long and hard.

Today, I tried a different weight plan...two sets of 10 reps, then add weight and two sets of six reps. That went really well.

This afternoon, I went on my regular Tuesday ride. IT was supposed to be a 2 hour ride with my heart rate under 130. That did not work out. I was really working hard and my speed did not correspond. I met up with some of my favorite folks, Leo and Hal, and rode another 10 miles with them and I felt like they had to wait on me because I was so slow. My hill work seemed to be getting better but not I did not feel like it today. I really need to work the hills and I felt like I was doing so well but now my legs feel heavy and I feel sooooooooooo slow. It is really frustrating. What went wrong? Am I working too hard on my easy days? That is probably the answer. I did get a new saddle and although I really like it, I can't quite get in the right position. I feel like I lost some power. Will I ever get any faster, period? Will I ever become a better hill climber?

Tomorrow, I was going to ride to work but rain is forecasted so no ride. I will teach 2 spin classes, run, and swim. I would love to get home early enough to get a few miles in on the bike but I doubt it since I won't get home until 7:30 pm or later.

No comments: