Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Thursday's post...blog was doing funky stuff.


The Moon Saddle...their catch phrase is redefining the bicycle saddle...you have no idea. This is quite the understatement of the year...

Okay, I have a thing for saddles. I cannot find one I just love. It either has too much pressure on the bone or the tissue between my thigh and nether regions. Either way, I have been through more saddles than a small bicycle shop. I could have my own saddle library. Okay, Hal could house my own saddle library underneath his bench. When Marvelous Marvin suggested the Moon Saddle, which has no nose, I ordered it! So, today was the initial ride.

Since Ironman, I have not ridden my tri bike except to try the Moon Saddle in the parking lot. I hopped on today and headed out. Before I even got out of my neighborhood, I was off the bike twice to make adjustments. I felt okay and had nooooooo pressure on my happy parts. However, I feel like too close to my saddle and lots of pressure on the handlebars. It is quite uncomfortable. Things that are normally easy - say like drinking were hard. I was very wobbly on a bike I am pretty comfortable on. Honestly, I was ready to bail because I was just miserable but I could hear Hal saying I dissed him. I tried to call Leo but no answer. DANG IT! So, I get off and adjust a few more times and even turn the saddle completely around. BAD IDEA. This was way worse because you cannot get a full pedal stroke this way. So, it took me almost twice as long to meet up with my peeps. Hal was not at all surprised when I told him I hated this saddle. I wanted to ride a little longer but bailed after working almost 2-3 times harder than normal. To add to my pain, the wind was blowing like crazy. Again, I was one of the last people. Oh well, I got this really cool saddle...NOT! Oh well, live and learn. What to do about the saddle? Why can't someone come up with a saddle that is comfy for women? If I could figure that out, I would be rich!!!! But life is so much better working part time at a bike shop and teaching for peanuts! It is much more interesting, however.

Well, I finally got home and decided to shower and then go and get some Mike's Hard Lemonade. I decide to take Doodle's car and of course, it had a low tire so I had to pop over and air it up. But they had a sale on Mike's Hard so the evening is looking up!!!

Good news for me today...for weeks I have been trying to get Wii Fit. I popped into my favorite store, Target, today for something completely different and lo and behold WII FIT! So exciting! I have not been able to try it yet but I am giddy with anticipation.

No comments: