Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Yoga

Friday and yesterday, Ginger and I went to yoga at our gym. Friday's class was a little challenging. Monday was a whole different experience. We get to class and it is packed so we settle in at the back of the class and start to relax. Well, there are two gentlemen in front of us and as we are in the corpse pose, we hear almost like a growling noise - kind of like a grizzly bear. At this point, I just think this person is really getting into the breathing. As class continues, it gets louder and louder. Imagine a bear with a soft growl every time you inhale and exhale. If there was a difficult pose, it got louder. So, next to Grizzly Adams is an older gentlemen who is having a hard time but trying his heart out. The instructor says something about saying good morning to your hips and he is saying good afternoon. This banter about the poses goes on for most of the rest of the class. So between Grizzly Adams and the other gentleman, Ginger and I start giggling and I think for sure we are going to get thrown out of yoga class. Finally, we finish class...we are happy and well stretched! Not a bad way to start off a Monday.

Yesterday, I rode to the gym, ran, did yoga, worked, taught spin class and rode home. I am up early today in anticipation of going to Body Pump but the bed might be calling. I plan to run, lift, cycle and teach 2 spin classes. Cycling might not happen because someone is supposed to come and look at something in my house late this afternoon. I hope they will be on time so I can ride.

Last night at my spin class, Alex (one of our Special Olympics athletes) came to class. It was great! Alex is one of the most polite kids I know. He always says Yes, Ms. Jen or Yes, Ma'am. How many kids do that? He also is becoming a great cyclist. At practice last week, he had improved 100% from last year. He is smiling almost all the time and is really a joy!

Sunday, I went to officiate a crit in Wake Forest. My friends, John and Justin, went with me. If I had a younger brother, it would probably be Lil Justin. He is a good kid and is a great cyclist. Justin raced twice - once in Juniors and once in Cat 4. Justin was third in Juniors - the first place guy was second in the pro race! Justin did great to hang on to the pack in the Cat 4 race until the last lap where they blew it apart. He came in 13th in a big field. John and I got to hang out under some huge shade trees and not worry about cleaning our respective houses. It was great and it is always fun to see Judy and the other officials. It was a long day...leaving at 5 am and getting home at 8:30 pm. We had fun though and lots of laughs! If Justin had only known had to drive a stick then we could have had margaritas! Dang it! Can you believe people today do not know how to drive a stick?

The plan this week...
Tomorrow-run and teach 2 spin classes.
Thursday- weights, and ride, teach 2 spin classes
Friday-run, teach 1 spin class and Special Olympics Cycling Classes.
Saturday-run, Special Olympics Qualifier, weights
Sunday-ride in Greenville
When is there time for a nap???? Got to schedule these types of things.

No comments: