Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Early Morning Workouts

Motivation seems to come better when I get up and work out early. This morning I went swimming as I had to teach spinning at 7 am, doctor at 8:30 am, work 9:30 to 6 pm and teach spinning again at 6 pm. My swim actually felt good and seemed to fly by. I used to always get up between 5-6 am and workout. My whole day went better and I seem more motivated to work out. Unfortunately, I have gotten away from that as my schedule has changed. I would like to get back to that as much as I can. I feel more alert and alive during the day and I sleep better.

Yesterday, I ran 4.5 miles, taught 4 spin classes, rode, and lifted weights. Yesterday was the first ride of our Tuesday/Thursday afternoon rides. I was looking forward to it. I rode from home and met up with the group. I was supposed to do hill repeats but didn't realize it until too late (okay, I did not look at my training plan until 4:00 or 4:15 pm and I had to leave at 4:30) so I rode in the big chain ring instead. I got to the group and I felt good. I was riding the hills better than before but still was the last person. This is soooooooooooooooo frustrating. I was working my patooty off and still the last person. How can all these people be so strong so early in the season? It was extremely frustrating because I am not sure if I could have worked any harder. I went home early as I still had to lift. I wish I had ridden back with the group as I might have felt better. VERY frustrating. I feel like I have to try about million times harder than everybody anyway and I was really trying. My legs were screaming when I got home! Guess I still have a lot of work to do.

Busy day today! Tomorrow, I hope to ride with my friend, Pat, run and lift. Wish my legs could have a little rest today...but no rest for the weary!

POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY
Nothing is more endangered in the modern world than the powerful combination of hard work toward meaningful goals joined with an exuberant embrace of the present moment.-- Tom Morris
This quote cracks me up as my students seem to lack hard work and no exuberant embrace of the present moment or any moment!

No comments: