Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Monday, March 23, 2009

New week, new me!!!

For a long time, I have been saying I am going to make some changes in my life. For example, better housekeeping, better organizer, faster cyclist/runner, better climber, lose weight, be neater, eat better, get all my workouts in, etc. Well, the day has come and gone many times and I always end up back in the same place - disappointed. So, today, I am turning over a new leaf and starting again. Will I stumble, yes? Will I ever be disappointed by these things again? Yes. Will I get up the next day and try again? Yes because that is all I can do. Every step forward is a step in the right direction.

Today is a day off from working out. Last week, I finally got my 200 miles in on the bike! YEAH!! Had a great recovery ride yesterday with the Sunday group. Everyone was very pleasant and it was one of the most enjoyable rides I have had in a long time. It was a small group but had some of my favorite people in it. Everyone chatted and had a good day. We even had a nice guy and he did quite well for his first ride in 10 years.

This week:
Tuesday-run, teach 4 spin classes, weights, bike
Wednesday-swim, teach 1 spin class
Thursday- run, bike, weights
Friday-swim and run if I missed a run
Saturday-brick
Sunday-ride

Thought this was appropriate for today's post....(from SparkPeople.com)

Who I am really keeps surprising me.- Nikki Giovanni

What we can learn from our path to the present
Often in moments of discouragement or depression, it's easy to feel that your life is going nowhere or that change is impossible. But it's simply not true! Take a minute to think back over your life. Chances are, you'll see a lot of growth in all of your formative areas. From childish playing, to youthful impulsiveness and adult reasoning, life sure has taken you on a rollercoaster hasn't it? When you were young, someone probably asked you what you wanted to be when you grew up. If someone posed that same question to you now, what would you say? Let this reflection be an indicator of your dreams.

No comments: