Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Sunday, March 15, 2009

We can't become what we need by remaining what we are.

We can't become what we need by remaining what we are.- Max Dupree
Do you have a design for change? Do you have a desire to lose weight, have more children, or try a new career? If so, are you taking appropriate steps towards these desires? Often your wants turn into lip service, and because of that wishy-washy determination, you may never reach your goal. The reality of life is that we need to change something in order to get something. For example, you cannot lose weight and build a healthier body by eating what you are now and remaining at the same exercise level. Formulate a plan for success by breaking down your goal into several smaller steps to promote a more optimistic and realistic strategy! (From Sparkpeople.com)

This was in my inbox yesterday and it got me to thinking...am I doing the things I need to to make a change? Am I taking the steps needed to reach these desires? The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Am I working harder than ever to get better results? I am pushing myself harder than ever before but is it enough? Am I doing what I need to to get to the body size I want? Am I eating the right things to get the results I want? Can I do better? Well, of course, we can always do better. I just have to stop the lip service and do it!!! I have a plan for the workouts and now I need a plan for my food. I am taking small steps and know it has to be realistic. All I can do is put one foot in front of the other!

This week's plan...
Monday-swim or run, teach 1 spin class
Tuesday-teach 4 spin classes, run, bike, weights
Wednesday-swim, teach 2 spin classes
Thursday-run, bike, weights (if run on Monday, no run)
Friday-swim (if swim on Monday, day off)
Saturday-bike
Sunday-bike

Today, I ran 4 miles. It got better as the run went on. As I started, it was not great. However, I ran in the soft rain and I felt as God was washing away all the junk. It was so peaceful and quiet. I listened to Jordin Spark's song "One Step at a Time" and it reminded me that anything worth having comes one step at a time. "It's gonna happen when it's supposed to happen and we find the reason why one step at a time."

Have a great week! Positive Quote of the Day...Hebrews 12: 1: Let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. (Thanks Mom for the quote!)

No comments: