Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Thursday, March 19, 2009

Thursday

Thursdays are my day off! I am so thankful for them! Usually I ride with my regular Thursday ride pal, Pat, but his daughter had to go to the orthodonist. I was bummed but I got to sleep in. I plan to ride with friends this afternoon and lift weights. I should have ran this morning but didn't.

Yesterday was exercise in patience for me. First, Ivan taught spinning so I did not have to get up so early. So, I planned to swim, go to the chiropractor and hairdresser and go to work. I took off work to get my hair done and I was so excited. Well, as I back out of the driveway I not only hit the garbage can (that the trashmen neglected to pick up the day before) but also the stones on my flower bed. YUCK! So, I get to the gym and the pool is full. No one wants to circle swim so I wait. Then a nice man let me have his side of one lane. As I get into the pool and get my hair wet, I realize I forgot my goggles. I had to run quickly to the locker room and get them. So, I rush to get my swim in and run quickly through the shower and my hair is everywhere!!! I get to the chiropractor at 8:16 am and my phone rings. It seems my hairdresser is out and can they reschedule me or can I go to someone else? Now, Jenni has cut my hair for 5 years. Even when she was on maternity leave, I did not get my hair cut. However, my hair is everywhere and I can't go to work like this. So, I agree to let someone else cut my hair but not color (in a week I will look like trailer park trash with 2 inch roots). Then I wait 30 minutes to get in to the chiropractor. I try to rush out but he chatted with me. I rush to the hairdresser and get my hair cut. It was not horrible, however, one side is a little longer than the other. AAAAHHHH! I decide since I am off to run a few errands...the bank, the post office, vitamin store, etc. Since my hair did not get color I decide to get my toes done before work (Doodle says my feet look like homeless people feet). I get to work and as I am walking in, a cute dog comes and greets me. As I get to work, a customer comes in and wants something locked up outside. We look everywhere for the keys and finally have to get the bolt cutter. About an hour later...here comes one of our coworkers with the key....There are only 2 salespeople on the floor and while not slammed, it was very busy. My Doodle comes in and brings me a new fancy schmancy phone!!! As he is explaining it and how much it will costs, the phone is ringing! The guys at work teased me all day as they knew I was frustrated. Then, I get to spinning class and can't find my MP3 player to play my workout. Luckily, one of my students turned in their extra credit with a CD so I used that. Finally, I get home and not too much else went on. Thanks goodness! AAAAAHHHHH!

Today, I pulled weeds outside as it is beautiful!!! While I was out, my next door neighbor, Shirley, comes home. Ms. Shirley had gastric bypass a few months ago and shortly thereafter, broke her ankle. I was so worried about her. Today, she looked absolutely fantastic. She is in a wheelchair but she looks great. I am so thankful for her health!!!!! She is one of the nicest people I know. When I had shoulder surgery, she cooked me homemade chicken noodle soup and collards (YUMMY!) She is so sweet!

So, a good day so far! Tomorrow, swim and run. Today, ride and weights. Saturday and Sunday-ride...God willing and the creeks don't rise!

POSITIVE QUOTE OF THE DAY
Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at theend of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow". -- Anonymous

So true...some days that is the best we can do. Some people just give up...as long as we try again, maybe that is the ultimate sign of courage.

No comments: