Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spring Break

This week is Spring Break so I did not have to teach today! My day was great! I got up and went for a 3.2 mile run. Then after a warm shower (it was COLD), I was off to buy some paint and pick up a prescription. Bought a birthday gift for one of my favorite peeps. Then after some lunch, I met Milanne for a delightful ride (albeit cold). Normally, I do not ride if it is under 35 degrees. It was right on the border but wanted to get some miles in and I had someone to ride with! It was windy and cold but we had a nice chat and an easy ride. I got 40 miles in and was happy about that. Tonight during American Idol, I plan to lift weights as my Doodle is not home to lift with!


Today, I talked with my friend, Ivan Castro, about teaching spin class for our soldiers. Big deal, you are thinking...did I mention Ivan was blind due to wounds he received in Iraq? Ivan has been in papers and other news media. Ivan is one of the happiest people I have ever met. He is almost always smiling and is so funny! Ivan is still a captain in the US Army and teaches spinning whenever he can. He has completed several marathons and cycling rides on a tandem. He is going in for the second of three surgeries this month and tomorrow will be the last class he can teach for awhile. All of this got me to thinking when I have a pity party for one(PPO), how good I have it. I can see, hear, touch, taste and smell everything! I can get up each morning and set about my day without assistance. Now, I still occasionally have a PPO, I am only human. However, sometimes I think of Ivan and get past it. If he can do it, then I certainly can.


Thought for the day...

"Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus" (I Thessalonians 5:16-18, NIV).


No comments: