Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

Maybe that advice works...

Yesterday, I swam hard but when teaching my three spin classes I backed off considerably and kept my HR under 130 (usually much lower). I did not lift weights like I usually do either, saving it for today.

This morning, I got up and went for my favorite Thursday ride pal, Pat. We met at about 13 miles in and I was already slowly taking my HR into the T2 zone where I need to work more. We rolled out and got to rolling. Pat seemed pleasantly surprised that I stayed right or to the right on his wheel the whole way. Remember, this is Pat that rode 14 miles in 36 minutes. When we got to our stop, my legs were talking to me and I did slow down on the second half but still stayed higher than I normally do. I felt good even though the lactate acid was building up in my legs. After we parted ways, I rolled home slowly letting my heart rate come down. I got in 50.11 miles in 3:07. Not bad for a Thursday. Anyway, it is better than I have felt in awhile and mostly, I think, my legs were not completely exhausted because I took it easy! I hope to lift today and run later. Tomorrow morning, I am going to swim before a massage. Then off to work and will rest for the rest of the day.

No comments: