Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Monday, May 5, 2008

Monday

Today was okay. My swim was short and drills and weights went okay. I taught a spin class and tried to take it easy. I have this sharp shooting pain in my left leg. I talked to one of my friends, Jimmy, who said it was probably a build up of lactate acid in my calves and showed me some stuff to do on foam rollers. I know I need to do yoga at least once a week. I am thinking if I get the foam rollers, I can do it when I am watching television. I need to put that and yoga on my training plan and I might do it. I hate to miss workouts.

Today I was quite grumpy. I wish I could get about 16 pounds off. My eating went well until this evening after I rushed from teaching spin class to our cycling club meeting. I wish I could lose weight and get leaner, stronger, more powerful, faster...I can do it, I just know it.

Tonight was our club meeting where somehow I volunteered to be the volunteer coordinator for our race. I was irritated last year because I did not think the volunteers were handled so well so instead of complaining, I am going to try and do something about it. I hope to be the best volunteer coordinator ever.

Tomorrow I am getting up quite early to go to Raleigh for some performance testing. I am hoping to get my heart rate zones narrowed down and train in the the correct zones and get better. I am excited but nervous because I am not fully rested, however, I will never be because of teaching spinning, etc. I did take most of Sunday off and had light workouts today. Tomorrow afternoon, I hope to ride my bike but it might rain. We really need the rain but it always rains on the days I want to ride. Got invited to a different ride on Saturday with my friend, Furman, and I think I will go instead of my regular club ride because I am sick of our regular club ride and I need to ride in the hills.

No comments: