Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Rest Day-YEAH!

Busy week so far...
Tuesday, I lrode in the afternoon very low HR.
Wedneday, I lifted weights, rode to work, taught three spin classes and swam a 1000 yard TT (19:35 - not so bad considering my cap came off half way through and I had to stop and put it back on and made sure my hair was not sticking out because that makes me nuts.)
Thursday-ran 30 minutes, rode 62.5 miles with my friend, Pat. The hills beat me up and I was not thinking we were going to ride quite that long. However, my average HR was good and I tried to keep it down except on the climbs, which I did easier than normal. I am trying to not say that I am not a good climber and try to focus on that I am a good climber but it was hard not to yesterday. My average MPH sucked but I did keep my HR down. Pat was as gracious as always never to leave me even though I made him late. SORRY! We had fun chatting and pondering odd questions.
Friday-REST, I was going to try to run and lift but I will fit that in either tomorrow or Sunday. Resting is good and it is the only time your body gets bigger, better, stronger. I think I needed the rest too!
Saturday-Club ride and hopefully lift and run
Sunday-Maybe a ride from a winery that our club is planning a visit to.

Hey, I was on TV. We (Leo, Furman and me) work with a program called Operation Spin Cycle. This is a program where we teach spinning twice a week to wounded soldiers. It is a great program and my most favorite class of the week. Anyhoo, some of our soldiers are getting ready to embark on this six day Ride 2 Recovery from DC to Charlotte and they did a news story on them and interviewed several of us and I was on a little bit saying what has come from their spinning. It was cool except I looked huge and terrible on my spin bike. Oh well, it was fun. Some of us are riding just the last day of the ride from Asheboro to Charlotte, which is 60 miles. That will be a blast!

No comments: