Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day Weekend

Memorial Day Weekend was a busy one! Saturday, I rode over to Woodlake and did the sprint triathlon there and then rode home (after waiting 30-45 minutes for the rain to stop). Everything was under what I hoped. I did not wetsuit as the swim was only 600 yards...was it a mistake? Maybe. My bike was great for me! 1:01:24 for a hilly 17.2 miles is awesome for me! My run was good too. My calves felt like there were these huge knots in them but I finished and had a good day. Of course, I am always disappointed afterwards but I did have a good day.

Sunday, we went to ride with our soldiers in the Road 2 Recovery. The ride was very hilly and unfortunately, the coordinator of the ride was not very nice to us so we bailed at 32 miles and hopped in the truck and rode to the Lowe's Motor Speedway. Before we got to ride a lap around the track, we rode our bikes down pit road and saw Bobby Labonte. It was great fun and we got to ride for the wounded warriors.

Monday was our club's criterium. This is NASCAR on bikes! It started early and finished late but the day was great fun. Our racers did great including my friend, Pat, who finished 3rd in his group! He ROCKS! The only down side to the day was our motor ref and fellow club member had an accident and had to go to the emergency room for a suspected broked ankle. Prayers are with him and his family.

This morning, I started off with a slow 1:30 run but kept my heart rate where I needed to be except when climbing and then got right down back to where it needed to be. For the rest of the day, weights, bike ride, teach a swim lesson and hopefully yoga and maybe a swim.

Rest of the week:
Wednesday-drill swim and teach 3 spin classes and ride to work
Thursday-easy ride, track workout, and weights
Friday-tempo run and swim
Saturday-Brick-3:30 bike and :20 run
Sunday-Easy winery ride

No comments: