Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Saturday, May 10, 2008

Why does my husband always have to be right?

If you are married or are in a serious relationship, have you ever noticed how they tell you something and you think they have no idea what they are talking about only to realize they know exactly what they are talking about? This happens to me all the time with my husband. Two nights ago, he said that he hasn't heard me complain about my shoulder and sure enough, he jinxed me - that night I was up at 2 am with shoulder pain. He also implied that I should not get a massage because every time I do, I end up being up most of the night from shoulder pain. It is 12:37 am...he is right again. Between the rainy weather and the massage, I am up just like he said I would be (while he is fast asleep on the couch!). You would think after 11 years, I would listen to him. The massage, itself, was fine. My legs do feel a lot better and my neck and shoulders will feel better either later today or tomorrow. I hate not sleeping!

I had planned to swim on Friday morning before I had the massage but since I did not sleep well, I overslept and rushed to my massage. I got the massage and then decided that I needed a full day off as Dr. Eschbach suggested. So, now today, I need to do my brick and then find time to swim. Luckily is is only a 2000 yard swim. My plan today is to go out in the base HR zone and if I feel good at the half way point, then I will take it up to the higher training zone. I will then run for 10 minutes easy after the bike. Tomorrow, an hour run and easy bike run.

No comments: