Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Rain...Mother's Day and Lanie's Birthday

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY and HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my niece, Lanie.

Thankful for the rain as we have been in drought conditions for a long time. However, my workouts kind of get messed up. Oh well, maybe it is God's way of telling me I need a day off or I need to really clean my house instead of working out or working in the yard. But I think I will go to Wal-Mart instead!

Yesterday, my bike ride was great. I rode better than I have in a long time. Dr. Eschbach is so right! I did not run as planned. I did, however, spend a wonderful afternoon with my husband. He took me out for lunch and then to the grocery store. I had a nap and worked in the yard for a long time. Then we had desert and wine with our best buds!

Finally, I think I am done tweaking my IM Louisville plan. I hope to print it today and get back on the ball tomorrow. I have moved stuff and changed stuff and tried to keep key workouts far between each other. I know I will make some minor modifications but for the most part I think it is done. I WANT TO PR AT IM LOUISVILLE so I really need to get on the ball and train where I need to be and not always follow the crowd. I need to be in the hills for my long rides and really start running more. The longest run I have planned is 3:00 hours and I hope that will be enough. I really also need to swim three days a week. Somehow, I have got to figure out how to get my third swim earlier in the week than Friday. I know I won't do it on the weekend and I do not go to work until late on Friday so I would rather do some workout at home and then work in the yard. I have 16 weeks left until the big day...

Next week is a rest week.
Monday-swim, teach one spin class (<130)
Tuesday-1 hour run <140 and 1 hour ride <130, weights and yoga
Wednesday-swim (1000 yard TT) and 3 spin classes (<130)
Thursday-1 hour ride <130 and run 30 minutes <130
Friday - off
Saturday- 2 hour ride <130
Sunday-off but may go on easy Sunday recovery ride.

No comments: