Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Sunday, May 4, 2008

White Lake Sprint Relay


Today, I was the swimmer in a relay team for the White Lake Sprint with my friend, Pat, and Steve. First, how nice was it to only have to take my wetsuit and goggles...Second, Matt came and that was quite a treat.


The swim was 750 meters which is about how long it takes me to warm up so I swam a little bit before race start. Today, I actually started up on the front line but a little to the right. It was not so bad! My swim was not so great because I felt like I was swimming against the current. Could it be that I wanted to swim faster so my team would do well? I know why I do not like sprints but why I need to do them because I can only get faster if I go faster. I came out of the water on to the pier at 17:04 and ran like heck to transition and passed off to Pat at 18:15. Pat zoomed on the bike in about 36 minutes! He rocked! Then Steve ran in about 24 minutes. We finished in 1:21 something. It was pretty fun! Oh and we won FIRST place in the mixed relays and there were actually other teams! That never happens to me.

Interesting to me...there was a young kid on a relay team that swam in 11 minutes and a 14 year old WON the race! Unreal! He finished in 1:01 something!!!!

My workouts were okay this week. I did not get one swim, one weight and one run workout in. I know I need to do things early and I need to swim on Thursdays or Tuesdays because I do not work until noon on Friday and I like to work in the yard before work and ride my bike to work.

Workouts this week...
Monday-Drill swim, weights, teach one spin class (2 scheduled but no one has been showing up at my first class)
Tuesday-HR testing at Meredith and jumps workout on the bike

Wednesday-swim an weights
Thursday-ride 2 hours or so, Tempo run for 30 minutes (hopefully swim)
Friday-swim (if not on Thursday) and weights
Saturday-brick 2:30 bike and 10 minute run
Sunday - 1 hour run

This month I have got to be determined to meet my yearly goals. I only have 8 months left to get there. I need to be on my bike for over 200 miles/week and run like heck! I actually have also said to actual people that I wanted to PR at IM Louisville. I have never said it out loud to people. I just need to believe in myself. I can do it. I need to really train and lose some weight.

The race sort of motivated to sign up for a few more races to get a little faster and get used to racing. I have not been doing that for the past few years. I would love to do a half in June or July but there is not one coming up locally soon. It is so expensive to drive anywhere and since I am not teaching until August, I need to save my money.

No comments: