Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Sunday, August 3, 2008

Next week is a rest week, YEAH!

REST WEEK is very much needed....
Yesterday, we went to Carthage and rode the metric century there. It was a hilly course but it was great fun! We had a great group and everyone was pretty pleasant. It got a little warm at the end but we made it in without any major problems. Lots of people cramped up but thankfully since we rode it last year and Hal had a major cramp in his legs, we were well prepared and shared our goodies with some other riders. Came home, went to the grocery store, mowed the grass, drank 5 margaritas on the front porch alone because my favorite sista girl was on vacation and had no one else that would have cocktails with me! Hope she comes home soon!

Got up this morning and felt okay. Got on the bike and did not feel so good. Met the group and rode an easy 55 miles and started to feel a whole lot better. Of course, this was not exactly my plan-7 hour ride and 1:15 run...NOT! I have a whole list of excuses but I will spare everyone.

Rest week coming up and I am very thankful. This body needs a rest. We only get bigger, better, stronger when we rest. I wonder if we get faster...

Only 28 days to Louisville. Is a PR possible? Maybe. My swim is okay but I do not know if it is faster. My bike is going well but how well I do in the hills? My run is okay but can I do the fastest marathon I have ever done at IM? Is the goal unrealistic? Who knows? If I can do even 1 second faster, then it will be an awesome day. I might not meet my goal but a PR is a PR. So what if I do not PR? Is the world going to end? Will it make me less of an IM? Will I die from disappointment? The last one might feel like it will happen but I think I will live. I remember my first IM and I was afraid I would not make the bike cut off and I got off the bike with enough time to spare. At IM Arizona in April, I seriously thought I might not make the cut off and had my slowest time ever. I did not die and I finished when 400 others did not finish. This is the only time my name will ever be before a pro's name! Now, that I have told everyone I want a PR - did I put too much pressure on myself?

No comments: