Ride Your Bike

You can do anything you set your mind to.

Saturday, August 2, 2008

Say what you need to say...read warning...

WARNING...I have had 5 margaritas!!! If you know me really well then you know that my favorite musical artist is John Mayer...he really speaks to me and any of you that have been fortunate (or unfortunate ) to have been in the car with me for a long period of time with me...eventually John Mayer is on my radio. Lately, my favorite song is Say from the movie, The Bucket List. If you do not know know, my dad died from lung cancer on April 2, 2006. My dad and I had quite the tumultous relationship. We loved each other but we were mirror images of teach other and that caused 99% of the problem. The Bucket List is a great movie but to my sister and I it is like seeing our dad on screen (Jack Nicholson). The point of this is that in the song it says "It is better to say too much that to never say what you need to say again" and the lyrics say...
Take all of your wasted honor. Every little past frustration. Take all of your so-called problems. Better put them in quotations. Say what you need to say (8x). Walking like a one man army. Fighting with the shadows in your head. Living out the same old moment. Knowing you'd be better off instead If you could onlySay what you need to say (8x). Have no fear for giving inHave no fear for giving overYou better know that in the end It's better to say too much Than never to say what you need to say again. Even if your hands are shaking. And your faith is broken. Even as the eyes are closing. Do it with a heart wide open. Say what you need to say (lots of times).

So, I did not always tell my old man what I needed to say and I promise myself that I would never do that again. DO NOT EVER NOT TELL SOMEONE WHAT YOU NEED TO SAY! Trust me on this one. Having said that, I will say to some people in this blog post what I need to say and if I did not mention someone, it is not that I forgot you - it is the margaritas...
Matt-I love you. You have given me the world and more than I ever deserved. I love you. I hope I am half the wife you hoped for because you are more than I ever hoped for. You bought me a Jeep and given me so much more.
Dad-Please forgive me and I do love you. I only wish I could have been there when your eyes were closing and knew that you knew that I loved you...no matter what.
Mom-I love you. You are the best mother one neurotic triathle could hope for.
Ray-I love you. If I had to choose a 2nd father, I could not have asked for more.
Nette-You are the best sister one person could ask for. I love you.
Lucas and Lanie-You are the apples of my eye and I love you like my own kids. Please take care of your Auntie Jen when she is old and the cat lady. Do not send her to the nursing home when she is old and senile and has 10 cats!
Mom and Dad D. - You have raised one of the best men on the whole planet and I truly do not deserve such a great fella but he is mine and I am not giving him up. You really have no idea how good he is but he is. Thank you.
Hal-you are one of the best men I have ever known my whole life. I could not have asked for a better friend.
Leo-you are one of the best people I have ever known and I love you madly. You have no idea how much I love you.
Pat-YOU ROCK! You inspire more than you will ever know and I love you for dragging me around the country side and love our chats. You are one of the best people I know and you will never know how great of a friend you are to me.
John K.-You are one of the happiest people I know and I hope you always will be.
Bob M.-You ROCK! You inspire me!
Ginger-You are grand and you have no idea how much I need you in my life.
Milanne-You know I love you even though we are on very different paths right now and I hope you are very happy because that is all I truly wish for you. We may never be like we were before but I hope you know that I appreciate all you have taught and given me. Thank you. Yes, I am wearing sunscreen!

I am sure I have not included everyone and my deepest apologies! I feel very blessed to have all of you in my life. Thank you for the gifts you have given me. Sorry for the babbling post.

No comments: